- “We... are Venom.”
Eddie visited a convenience store, where he was followed by Dora Skirth of the Life Foundation, who asked for his help. Eddie refused to help, heading home instead. He eventually grew crazed, wishing for the symbiote to leave his body. However, when some thugs came to his door, looking to acquire the symbiote, it helped him fend them off. Eddie made a run for it, coming to realize what was inside of him. Eddie hopped on a motorcycle, slowly getting away from the thugs, only to be hit by a van. When the driver of the van, another thug, hopped out, the symbiote took over Eddie's body, enveloping him and lifting the man up off the ground.
Video Game Continuity
While not making an appearance, "Project Venom" is mentioned in Ravencroft Institute as a drug to test for prisoners.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Mobile Game)
When Eddie Brock had discovered that Oscorp were giving weapons to gangs, they captured him and used him in one of their experiments, thus turning him into Venom. Venom faces off with Spider-Man but is eventually defeated. He reveals to Spider-Man what had happened, before presumably passing away.
Powers and Abilities
- Black Symbiotic Transformation: The symbiote has augmented Eddie Brock's physical abilities to superhuman levels, making him greater than an ordinary human's. Eddie Brock also has the ability to cover himself in the symbiote substance and change his appearance and freely extend its biomass into tentacles and tendrils, and manifest a fanged mouth and large white eyespots.
- Superhuman Strength: With the Venom Symbiote, Eddie Brock can effortlessly throw adult humans with considerable distances.
- Superhuman Durability: With the Venom Symbiote, Eddie can withstand numerous impact forces that can cause any sort of discomfort, such as withstanding gas grenades, explosives that are thrown at him, and a severed attack from Riot.
- Superhuman Speed: Eddie Brock can move faster with the help from the Venom Symbiote, as he ran from the Life Foundation in the woods and crawl up walls at high speeds.
- Superhuman Agility: With the Venom Symbiote, Eddie has superhuman levels of agility far greater than regular humans. As Venom, Eddie was able to leap from a car from far distances and jump high from the ground to land on the side of a building.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: With the Venom Symbiote, Eddie can heal his damaged limbs by letting the symbiote fix his broken leg and instantly recover from it.
- Tendril Manipulation: Eddie Brock can extend the symbiote substance at will, allowing him the knock down enemies and grapple towards objects. The Venom Symbiote can also generate tendrils, as he uses to attack Carlton Drake's guards. The tendrils also allow's Eddie to save him, as he uses to save himself from falling off his motorcycle.
- Reporter: tovmkbkkvnjdvnjSdad4SKKCCKSMCKDSALALALOSOSO
- Combatant: Venom can attack Riot vigorously and even attack numerous guards effortlessly. He was able to fight off multiple soldiers and thrown them across the room violently.
- His appearance in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Mobile Game is similar to his Spider-Man 3 incarnation.
- In The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (video game), J. Jonah Jameson sends Peter Parker a message stating that his sources mentioned Ravencroft Institute testing drugs on inmates and nicknaming it "Project Venom". Near the end of the game, Spider-Man faces off with Carnage after the symbiote was bonded with Cletus Kasady.
- Chris Zylka (who plays Flash Thompson) had expressed interest in his character becoming Venom in the Venom movie. Finn Wittrock is considered for the role of Venom.
- In the alternate final trailer of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the trailer shows a scene of Gustav Fiers walking pass Vulture's wings, and a small, black, liquid substance contained a floating ball-like container. In the film, the symbiote was replaced with Rhino's armor.
- Tom Hardy has named filmmaker Woody Allen, UFC champion Conor McGregor and rapper Redman as inspirations for his performance as Venom.
- Venom in the Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters is the second live-action incarnation of the character, following incarnation portrayed by Topher Grace.
- Stephen Farrelly and Kellan Lutz expressed interest in portraying Venom before Tom Hardy was cast.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Tom Hardy to star in Spider-Man spin-off Venom" - The Guardian
- ↑ Venom (comic book)
- ↑ Rosenberg, Scott, Pinkner, Jeff, Marcel, Kelly, Beall, Will (writers) & Fleischer, Ruben (director) (October 5, 2018). Venom.
- ↑ Foutch, Haleigh (July 20, 2018). " ". Collider. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- ↑ TOM HARDY SAVES THE DAY (NO, REALLY)