The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is the sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was acknowledged by Denis Leary, who portrays Captain George Stacy in the first movie. On February 25, 2014, Sony announced that Webb would return to direct the third Amazing Spider-Man film. On March 19, 2014, Marc Webb has talked to E! Online there's a possibility on seeing Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman in a future film. On March 31, 2014, Woodley told Total Films that she's unsure about appearing in the third film as Mary Jane. On April 16, 2014, Den of Geek reported that the Spider Slayers and Black Cat are lined up for future films. On May 4, 2014, Webb is interest in seeing Kraven the Hunter as the villain in the film, later portrayed by Gerard Butler. On September 15, 2014, Emmy Rossum confirmed that Anya Corazon/Spider-Girl will return in the third film. On January 5, 2015, Sony Pictures has announced that it will carry out a casting call through CBM, taking aim at Andrew Garfield and Dane DeHaan to return in the film. On March 25, 2015, it was reported that Emma Watson had been offered the role of Jill Stacy, Peter's Classmate. On September 15, 2015, Angelina Jolie was confirmed to be in talks for the main role in the movie, previous revealed to be Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman. On August 10, 2016, it was reported that Diane Lane was in talks to star with Garfield in the third film. Sony is reportedly gearing up for the long-awaited third installment to begin filming in November 2016 and wrap in March 2017.
On November 5, 2016, Ewan McGregor joined the cast as Parker's, along with Jemma Dallender as a classmate of Parker's, while Felicity Jones was confirmed to appear in the film, reprising her role as Felicia Hardy/Black Cat for the third film.
There were rumors that the third and fourth installment would be shot back-to-back with Rossum as the lead role, which he and Webb denied.
Filming will start On November 6, 2016 in New York City, New York. At San Diego Comic-Con International 2017, Marvel confirmed the castings of DeHaan, Watson, Giamatti, Jones, Dallender, McGregor, Woodley, Jolie and Cooper, while revealing Watson, Dallender, and McGregor's roles as Jill Stacy, Teresa Parker and Gabriel Stacy, respectively. On March 16, 2017, the principal photography of the movie wrapped production.
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson
- Emmy Rossum as Anya Corazon/Spider-Girl
- Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin
- Ewan McGregor (confirmed) as Gabriel Stacy (rumored)
- Paul Giamatti as Aleksei Sytsevich/The Rhino
- Felicity Jones (confirmed) as Felicia Hardy/Black Cat (rumored)
- Emma Watson (confirmed) as Jill Stacy (rumored)
- Angelina Jolie (confirmed) as Jessica Drew (rumored)
- Jemma Dallender (confirmed) as Teresa Parker (rumored)
- Diane Lane (confirmed) as Nancy Stacy (rumored)
- Gerard Butler (confirmed) as Sergei Kravinoff/Kraven the Hunter (rumored)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Analysts: Sony Needs More Bigscreen Franchises
- ↑ Sony Pushes Back 'Spider-Man 3' to 2018, Dates 'Sinister Six' for 2016
- ↑ Will Spider-Woman Appear in Spider-Man Movies? Director Marc Webb Weights In
- ↑ Shailene Woodley unsure she wants to be in The Amazing Spider-Man 3
- ↑ Spider Slayer and Black Cat set for future Spider-Man films
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man 2 Exclusive: Marc Webb Interested In Kraven The Hunter As A Villain
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Casting call issued for The Amazing Spider-Man 3, Andrew Garfield and Dane DeHaan returning